Senior Data Scientist
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is seeking for a highly skilled, experienced, and passionate Senior Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science team.
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will work closely with various domains within research & development (R&D), product development as well as with other cross-functional teams across the company to develop metrics, models, and data-related solutions to generate value and improve customer success.
Additionally, this person must have a strong background in data analysis and be able to effectively communicate complex analytical findings to both technical and non-technical audiences. This role requires a strong background in exploratory data analytics, statistics, data modeling as well as excellent communication and leadership skills.
This is a fully-remote/hybrid position for potential candidates in Canada.
- Develop and implement advanced machine learning models and algorithms for prediction, analysis, and optimization of concrete performance.
- Solve complex problems using data-driven approaches.
- Optimize models for improved performance and accuracy.
- Utilize strong knowledge of Keras, TensorFlow, or other machine learning frameworks to develop and fine-tune models.
- Apply expertise in Python and SQL to manipulate and analyze large datasets.
- Use data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI to effectively communicate insights.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and provide actionable recommendations.
- Conduct quantitative analyses and research to support decision making.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements in the field of data science and machine learning.
- Educate and share knowledge with colleagues on new technologies and techniques.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Master's or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Performs machine learning techniques, supervised and unsupervised algorithms to build predictive models and prescriptive solutions to support various business use cases.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a data science role.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and R.
- Possess hands-on experience with databases, such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB. Your ability to efficiently manage and manipulate data will be vital in driving our projects forward.
- Proficient in leveraging machine learning frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, or similar tools. Your expertise will be instrumental in crafting and refining advanced models that push the boundaries of what's possible.
- Possess proven background in designing and implementing data pipelines and ML/AI models within cloud computing environments. Experience with Azure is preferred, but AWS expertise will also be valued.
- Proficient in libraries such as Matplotlib, pandas and Numpy
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Looker, Tableau, or Power BI.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Azure services.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and sharing knowledge with others.
- Demonstrate your experience in analyzing, modeling, training, and deploying a machine learning model.
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is a global company bringing smart testing technologies and real-time data collection to the forefront of every jobsite to revolutionizing the construction industry and reduce concrete’s carbon footprint. Giatec’s suite of hardware & software products leverages AI and Internet of Things (IoT) and delivers wireless concrete sensors, mobile apps, and advanced non-destructive technologies (NDT) that drives innovation throughout concrete’s lifecycle.
Giatec technology has helped over 10,000 projects in 85 plus countries worldwide meet their construction targets on time, and this number is quickly growing. We have also been recognized by numerous organizations as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for three years running!
At Giatec, we fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success. We are looking for creative and passionate people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Team up with us and reshape your future!
Do you have some of these skills but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you! Please send your cover letter and resume to us indicating why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
At Giatec, we know that diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belongingness are critical to our success. We believe that employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthen our workplace culture, boost our creativity, and help us to revolutionize the concrete industry.
Giatec is dedicated to creating a barrier-free environment starting with the hiring process. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.