Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is seeking a Software Developer to join our software team to build the next generation of our mobile and web solutions.
As a Software Developer, you will be a key part of our software development team. You will be collaborating with other teams to develop first class, usable, reliable solutions that serve our customers in the field and at the office.
The work location for this role is in Ottawa, ON and we are open to remote candidates. Our preference would be a candidate who can work in a hybrid environment both remotely and in person.
- Design, develop, document, test and support our enterprise web applications and mobile apps.
- Improve the usability, scalability, and quality of our solutions.
- Ensure service up-time within the Giatec 360 Cloud solution.
- Drive architecture, technology direction and best practice adoption within the team.
- Mentor and support junior team members.
- Participate in Agile development practices as part of the SDLC.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing enterprise web applications.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, architectural principles, and software best practices.
- Experience with Cloud orchestration or Mobile development would be an asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Communication, collaboration, and innovation skills are key.
- Able to operate independently and as part of an Agile team.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/Software Engineering or equivalent
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is a global company bringing smart testing technologies and real-time data collection to the forefront of every jobsite to revolutionizing the construction industry and reduce concrete’s carbon footprint. Giatec’s suite of hardware & software products leverages AI and Internet of Things (IoT) and delivers wireless concrete sensors, mobile apps, and advanced non-destructive technologies (NDT) that drives innovation throughout concrete’s lifecycle.
Giatec technology has helped over 10,000 projects in 85 plus countries worldwide meet their construction targets on time, and this number is quickly growing. We have also been recognized by numerous organizations as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for three years running!
At Giatec, we fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success. We are looking for creative and passionate people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Team up with us and reshape your future!
Do you have some of these skills but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you! Please send your cover letter and resume to us indicating why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
At Giatec, we know that diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belongingness are critical to our success. We believe that employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthen our workplace culture, boost our creativity, and help us to revolutionize the concrete industry.
Giatec is dedicated to creating a barrier-free environment starting with the hiring process. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.