Director of Human Resources
Multiview Financial Software
Director of Human Resources
Multiview is seeking a Director of Human Resources to join us and lead the HR function. Working from Ottawa or remotely within North America, this role will help maintain Multiview as an employer of choice for employees in Canada and the US.
Multiview continually strives to create an awesome work environment for its employees. Our team priorities have been to help the company retain its great employees and attract new talent to add to our company culture. In this role, the Director of Human Resource’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing human resource strategies and implementing policies that allow Multiview to execute its business objectives;
- Support the CEO and the senior leadership team to improve business performance;
- Lead the human resource team of professionals to deliver exemplary service to the whole company.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At Multiview, we want our employees to “Work Smart” by looking for efficiencies in how they work, be “Client Obsessed” by understanding who we are supporting, have a “Stronger Together” attitude that prioritizes teamwork and collective success, and “Believe in Better” mindset and a positive attitude. As a member of the Human Resources and leadership teams, you will embody our “People First” value in how we work.
The successful candidate will support a culture where every employee aligns with our company values. They will be a highly motivated team player who is an excellent communicator with a variety of audiences and can influence actions and outcomes outside of their reporting relationships. The successful candidate will have experience leading the HR function in a complex growing business and be able to create an environment for every employee to grow and progress in their career.
The ideal candidate for this role will have direct working experience with or be knowledgeable about all aspects of the human resources function and is well versed in the legislative environments in Canada and the US.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead the human resource function at Multiview by managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the human resource team, and supporting leaders and people managers who play a critical role at Multiview in supporting our employees.
- Develop and align human resource strategies to support Multiview annual operating business objectives and medium-term strategic goals.
- Provide guidance and advice to the CEO and senior leaders using evidence to increase the impact of employees across all departments at Multiview.
- Appropriately balance the priorities of the Human Resources department as a compliance function and a strategic resource for the company.
- Continually assess the results and adjust human resource activities to maximize the impact of the team’s work on business activities and objectives.
Develop specific strategies and implement plans for:
- Employee recruitment and staffing of employees who will drive towards execution of objectives and align with corporate culture.
- Training and development programs that enhance employee engagement and career progression.
- Growth-focused performance evaluation and management processes that provide meaningful feedback for employees.
- Compensation, benefits and rewards plans that motivate, retain and attract great talent.
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Executive Officer and all leaders
- Human Resource team members
- Extensive collaboration with Human Resource team members and other departments
- Based out of Ottawa, ON offices or working remoting from Canada or the US.
- Communication– The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator and can address different audiences using appropriate language to communicate their messages clearly and efficiently, including challenging topics.
- Teamwork– works with multiple teams cross-functionally, effectively addressing the needs of each team while always keeping the “People First” and “Strong Together” outcomes as the drivers.
- Problem-solving– Proactive in anticipating and resolving problems. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to define the requirements of the project. Motivated to find the best solution to the technical problems that might arise, and willing to engage in additional research and discovery to fully understand situations and solutions.
- Time management– Ability to handle multiple schedules simultaneously to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks to ensure smooth an experience for internal clients, partners, and prospects.
- Initiative– Seek, own and complete tasks using your own initiative; work independently with little supervision; have a strong bias to action and outcomes.
- Discretion – Understands the implications of working with confidential information as a member of the HR team and takes appropriate precautions and exercises appropriate discretion with the confidential information that is handled.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Human Resources, a related field OR equivalent experience
- CHRP, CHRL or equivalent education and experience
- Experience level: At least 10 of experience in a professional HR environment, including at least 5 years leading the HR function in a growing company and setting corporate HR strategies and policy implementations. Experience working in SaaS or related technology industry is preferred.
- Prior experience in a SaaS company would be preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable Canadian provincial employment legislation and ability to synthesize with Multiview’s own values, policies and procedures. US employment legislation experience is an advantage.
- Written and verbal skills that allow you to communicate across a diverse group of management, employees and interest groups, internally and externally.
- Represent Multiview internally and externally in a manner consistent with our values and culture.
- Ability to work as a team member and influence actions and outcomes outside of direct reporting relationships.
- Demonstrated experience building a team and maintaining the culture of learning and progression.
- Experience using HRIS tools and introducing applicable new technologies and tools to support HR activities.
- Exhibit the highest professional standards regarding confidentiality and ethical conduct.
Experience comes in many forms. Many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is close to what we are looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encouraging everyone to apply.
Multiview builds powerful, easy-to-use financial applications for clients across North America. As a leader in the ERP/Financial Software industry, we partner with sophisticated clients across multiple industries to End Month End™. We are extremely proud of the company we have built. Bringing together professionals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise is vital to making our company stronger.
Our people-first culture is our biggest advantage, and we are excited to share that commitment with you!
WHY JOIN MULTIVIEW?
At Multiview, you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities, and a company culture built to empower and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Multiview is THE Software Company for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by taking care of our employees first.
“Multiviewers” strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work and in life and we encourage that by offering:
- Competitive Compensation with benefits from Day 1
- 4 weeks vacation to start, additional paid time off to supplement work-life balance, wellness, and mental health days.
- Company paid competitive Benefits including Extended Health, Dental, Vision, and more.
- Workplace Flexibility (Choice to work remotely in Canada or from our HQ office in Ottawa, ON)
- Health and Wellness Perks
- Company-arranged social event
- Continuous growth opportunities, professional development training allowances, and leadership development
Please submit your resume, and a cover letter describing, why you are a unique fit for this position by applying to this posting.
We thank all applicants for expressing their interest in Multiview; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Multiview is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
ACCESSIBILITY & DIVERSITY:
Multiview promotes a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we are building a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encouraging everyone to apply.
Multiview is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to creating a barrier-free working environment for all. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Ontario Human Rights Code, Multiview will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities, upon request.