Senior Software Developer, SaaS (Ottawa,ON)
Multiview Financial Software
Senior Software Developer, SaaS (Remote within Canada)
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Software Developer is responsible for the development, design, and documentation of the new or modified software products and ongoing business projects of Multiview Financial Software.
The Senior. Software Developer will aid the innovation and creation of Multiview Financial Software and programs and work alongside the Product Management and Engineering team to enhance the product SaaS platform and add product features that meet the need of the company and the client. You will bring new innovative ideas, and facilitate good design, and implementation during all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
At Multiview, we balance being client-obsessed with working smart. Being tech-savvy with great communication and problem-solving skills is important, but equally showing your commitment to mutual success and contributing to our culture where the genuine care of people is our compass.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with Senior level experience working as a Software Developer, Platform, who is detail-oriented, a self-starter and someone who can meet the demands of a fast-paced growing technology company while maintaining a positive attitude.
If this sounds like you, read on!
What you will do…
- Develop software programming and document intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the company and the software.
- Professionally maintain all programs and create updates regularly to address Multiview and client concerns by maintaining cross-team collaboration.
- Analyze and test programs, codes and products before formal launch using the direct system testing and validation procedures.
- Modify software to fix errors, adapt to new hardware, improve performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Participate in code review and code presentation walk-through.
- Troubleshoot coding problems efficiently and quickly to ensure a productive workspace.
- Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information.
- Actively seeks ways to improve business software processes and interactions.
- Analyze information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Collaborate with project managers and other departments to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
- Provide training, support and coaching of other team members on the latest technology advancement, and SaaS practices and ensure all employees are confident and effective with new technologies as well as Multiview’s products and services.
- Fulfill a role of functional leadership – Project Lead/Scrum Master.
- Expected to play an Advisory role on technologies and best development practices.
- Able to represent Multiview with Customers or technical forums.
- Able to participate in Customer opportunity assessment by contributing to RFP process.
- Demonstrate Multiview’s core values, building and advancing the reputation of the company and its clients.
- Director of Development, Platform
- Engineering team
- Multiview internal and external stakeholder
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Extensive collaboration with team members and other departments
- Software Development Skills–You know how to design, develop, and test software applications and platforms. This level of expertise is gained through extensive work experience.
- Stronger Together– You are a strong team player. Software Developers work with multiple teams cross-functionally, and they know how to effectively address the needs of each team while always keeping the client’s outcomes as the driver.
- Believe in Better – Proactive in anticipating and resolving problems. You are a skilled problem solver with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to meet the requirements of the project are required.
- Working Smart – You are extremely organized at managing your time and prioritizing. You can organize your schedule appropriately to meet commitments and project deadlines.
- People First – You demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy towards all internal and external stakeholders.
- Client Obsessed – You are an effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience collaborating with various team members both internally and externally.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer Science or Engineering degree, diploma, master’s OR equivalent
- Experience Level: Senior level with 7+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in Web development, OOP, Cloud architectures and services as well as their performance monitoring
- Experience with Web interfaces, developing and consuming RESTFULL APIs, and corresponding tools like Postman, and Swagger.
- Good working knowledge of design patterns, like MVC
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Analyze code for weaknesses and errors, and present detailed plans to improve them.
- Heightened attention to detail & strong analytical technical problem-solving skill
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential (verbal and written)
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines for multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to quickly gain a working knowledge of products, interpret requirements, and recommend solutions.
- Must have strong communication, research, problem-solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization, planning, prioritization, and time management skills
- A results-oriented mindset with a passion for delivering a quality product for our stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience demonstrating Multiview’s core values, building, and advancing the reputation of the company and its clients.
- Experience Level: 7-10 yrs. Senior Software Developer experience working in the SaaS industry.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior experience with Accounting or ERP Software Experience.
- Experience with containers management, K8s, Dockers, and/or EKS.
- Experience in Oracle Database and Oracle PL/SQL development.
- Certification with AWS or Azure platforms.
Experience comes in various forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we are looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encouraging everyone to apply.
Multiview builds powerful, easy-to-use financial applications for clients across North America. As a leader in the ERP/Financial Software industry, we partner with sophisticated clients across multiple industries to End Month End™.
We are extremely proud of the company we have built. Bringing together professionals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise is vital to making our company stronger.
Our people-first culture is our biggest advantage, and we are excited to share that commitment with you!
WHY JOIN MULTIVIEW?
At Multiview, you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a company culture built to empower and develop our people to be the best they can be, Multiview is THE Software Company for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by taking care of our employees first.
We “Multiviewers” strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work and in life and we encourage that by offering:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks vacation to start, additional paid time off to supplement work-life balance, wellness, Volunteering Time off and mental health days.
- Company paid competitive Benefits including Extended Health, Dental, Vision and more.
- Workplace Flexibility (Choice to work remotely in Canada or from our office in Ottawa, ON)
- Health and Wellness Perks
- Workplace Social Events and Engagements
- Continuous growth opportunities, professional development training support and leadership development
Please submit your resume, and a cover letter describing, why you are a unique fit for this position by applying to this posting.
We thank all applicants for expressing their interest in Multiview; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Multiview is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
ACCESSIBILITY & DIVERSITY:
Multiview promotes a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we are building a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encouraging everyone to apply.
Multiview is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to creating a barrier-free working environment for all. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Ontario Human Rights Code, Multiview will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities, upon request.