Mobile Developer (iOS)
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Noibu is Canada’s Capital city’s fastest-growing technology company. We help brands recover millions of dollars in lost sales every day by helping them detect, manage and resolve critical errors on their online store. You may have heard of some of our customers like Levi’s, Champion, Air Transat, Guess, and Jelly Belly.
We're a dedicated team, driven by 4 values; Customer Obsession, Quality, Results-Oriented and Accountability. We've been recognized in 2023 as the Globe and Mail's 8th Fastest Growing Company, 12th in Deloitte Technology Fast 500, #2 in Canada for Deloitte's Fast 50 in Technology, and #4 on Forbes Canada's Best Startup Employers. If you're interested in joining a team poised for greatness, we hope you'll apply!
About the Team:
Join a high-performing, tight-knit team in a tech company that is working to make e-commerce an error-free space. We are very close to the product team as we strongly believe that our customers know what we should fix and build next. We don’t believe in ego and operate on the idea of meritocracy. We also believe that mistakes are opportunities to learn something and that feedback from each other and customers is the best way to improve. We encourage continuous learning and like to share things that we've learned.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop a privacy-first session replay framework for mobile applications, focusing on user experience, performance metrics, and issue detection.
- Work on native iOS or Android development projects, utilizing languages like Objective-C and Swift.
- Contribute to mobile SDK development, enhancing features and functionality for e-commerce applications.
- Collaborate in a team environment to define, design, and deploy new features, ensuring responsiveness and high performance of applications.
- Explore and implement new technologies to optimize development efficiency and product quality.
What You've Done:
- 3-5 years of experience in native iOS or Android development.
- Proficiency in languages such as Objective-C and Swift.
- Experience with Mobile SDK development is preferred.
- Experience with hybrid & web-based mobile frameworks (such as Ionic and React Native) is a plus.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning tools.
- Strong understanding of mobile application design and architecture.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about creating high-quality mobile applications.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and resourceful with a can-do attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- GCP + AWS for our cloud.
- Scala for stream processing in the cloud.
- Rust for microservices + batch analytics + stream processing on dedicated machines.
- Angular (TS) for our frontend.
- GraphQL for our API.
- Builds are fully automated via CI/CD in Kubernetes.
Why should you consider Noibu?
🦄 We’re working to be Ottawa’s next Unicorn
Noibu is going to impact billions of shoppers. By joining our small team on the ground floor, you have the opportunity to do something amazing with us and grow more than you even realize is possible.
We're a pay for impact company that is striving to lead the market in regards to compensation. Outside of your base salary, you have access to our Employee Stock Option Plan and potential variable pay or bonus arrangements.
🕰️ Unlimited Time Off & Flexible Working Style
In addition to unlimited time off, we enforce an annual minimum of 3 weeks for all employees and have a company wide holiday shut down every year. Our flexible working style means you get to choose the hours that work best for you.
🦷 Benefits from Day 1
Imagine having to wait 3 months into your new job to go to the dentist? Never at Noibu. We hired you. We believe in you, and everyone gets access to all benefits, perks, and allowances from their first day with us 🤝
🎉 Fun & Engagement
Lots of companies preach having fun, but we seriously do walk the walk. Think things like Monthly Company-Wide & Team-Specific Socials, frequent post-work Happy Hours, and a MAJOR annual Holiday Party 🎄
...Plus much, much more.
If you have experience that’s close to what we outlined but think you might be missing a couple of things, apply anyway! 🚀 What’s the worst that could happen? Noibu looks for people with exceptional potential, and we know that this takes many forms.
At Noibu, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, supported, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We encourage all applicants to indicate their preferred pronouns on their application (e.g. she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).