Technician Project Coordinator
TECHNICIAN PROJECT COORDINATOR
Solink is a different kind of data-analytics software company. We’ve successfully made surveillance video a source of powerful insight for business owners of franchise and retail chains. We focus on security applications that combat fraud proactively and make it easier for owners to track down problems. Today we focus on loss prevention and in the future, we see every department using video to make data-driven decisions: marketing, operations, even HR.
A job at Solink means working with an amazing team and tackling one of the biggest data problems out there. We are venture backed and focus on continuous execution to delight our customers. We have a creative and collaborative work environment, and all of our employees have meaningful equity in the company.
A bit about the role…
As a Technician Project Coordinator, you will be working under the Operations umbrella, working closely with the Customer Support team and field technicians. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of a technician visit to our existing customers. This includes working with both teams to identify suitable technicians for on-site work, scheduling with our internal teams and customers, providing detailed notes along the way, and making sure tasks are followed through to completion.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have previous work experience in a fast-paced project coordinating, administrative and/or customer service role.
- You can comfortably use software like Google Suite, Smartsheet, Hubspot, Intercom, Netsuite, and Zendesk (or similar platforms).
- You have superb English communication skills (written, read, spoken).
- You are determined and have a proven ability to take ownership of a project and see it through it’s entire lifecycle.
- You are organized to a ‘T’ and extremely detail-oriented.
- You are able to adapt to new situations quickly - you are able to think on your feet and adjust accordingly.
- You have a willingness to learn!
- You identify as ‘tech-savvy’ and have a proven ability to learn quickly.
- You are able to work independently and within a team.
- You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You have experience installing/repairing CCTVs and low-voltage systems.
- You have worked in a similar industry.
- Candidates must undergo a criminal records check upon hire;
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included), or eligible to work in Canada;
- Be willing to comply with Solink’s own security policies and standards.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Coordinate with the Customer Support or Project Management team on requests for technician service, and communicating service dates, scope, and pricing to customers.
- Assess scopes of work for necessary equipment and provide the necessary information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Internal - Customer Support and Project Management teams.
- External - Field Technicians who will perform the work at a customer site.
- Assessing and identifying suitable candidates to assign to work orders.
- Identify and proactively problem-solve any issues that arise during the process, resolving them through to completion.
- Log technician visits in a central system to track status and provide detailed notes of work orders.
- Analyze and identify patterns within data to help optimize the workflow.
- Approve invoices for technician visits.
WHAT IS SOLINK?
Solink is transforming conventional data into ‘smart’ data. Solink connects and synchronizes brick-and-mortar business systems like video + Point of Sale data, to create insight into loss prevention, security, and operations issues. We find new and powerful ways for businesses to get real value from the data and footage created daily by their standard systems.
We’re one of Ottawa’s fastest-growing companies. We're not just a tech and security company - we are rapidly evolving the way that we use and think about video security, data analytics and technology. We're enhancing the status quo to positively impact clients and customers' businesses.
We’re on a steep growth trajectory, which means lots to do, lots to learn, and lots to experience! What an exciting adventure ahead - and our Solinkians make the greatest travel companions…
Solink thrives because of our team; we know that in our business and in our daily work, people make all the difference. We’re looking for people who are driven by curiosity, hungry to innovate and striving to make an impact.
WHY WORK AT SOLINK?
Working with us means you’ll be working for a company that values your input and allows you to bring your ideas to life. We offer a collaborative, creative, supportive work environment with a culture that is undeniably fun…
All that - PLUS we offer…..
- Flexibility in your chosen hours of work by helping you get "stuff" done (encourages that work-life balance);
- Opportunities for growth based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Creative and innovative environment that mentors, supports, motivates and inspires you to make an impact;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size, type and complexity;
- An “open-door” policy where communication and brainstorming is encouraged;
- A really positive and fun environment working with an incredibly ENERGETIC team;
- Fully paid Health / dental benefits offered immediately (an additional $500 spending account for items that aren’t covered in our AMAZING benefits program);
- Monthly reimbursement toward health and wellness;
- Extracurricular SOLINKIAN social events (annual “solink-o de mayo”, so-learns, sports teams, so-lunches, team builders, and much more)
- Please note: We currently operate within a hybrid model.
We know that everyone has different experiences and that’s what makes all of us so unique. Solink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re looking at building our team of great people and we know that comes in various forms. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, and an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage all candidates with interest to apply. We will provide accommodation on request through all parts of the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your cover letter and resume addressed to R2D2 outlining why you would be the right fit for this position.