Solink is a different kind of data-analytics software company. We’ve successfully made surveillance video a source of powerful insight for business owners of franchise and retail chains. We focus on security applications that combat fraud proactively and make it easier for owners to track down problems. Today we focus on loss prevention and in the future, we see every department using video to make data-driven decisions: marketing, operations, even HR.
A job at Solink means working with an amazing team and tackling one of the biggest data problems out there. We are venture backed and focus on continuous execution to delight our customers. We have a creative and collaborative work environment, and all of our employees have meaningful equity in the company.
A bit about the role…
We’re on a steep growth trajectory - SO steep that we are looking for some teammates to join us on our journey to the moon! Climb aboard our rocket ship and assist us in securing the BEST Talent to help us soar...
You will become an expert at finding creative ways to identify exceptional talent who want to contribute to the Team and have a significant impact. As the first point of contact, you will be responsible for introducing Solink to the candidate, ensuring they feel welcome, delighted, informed and well taken care of throughout the entire recruitment cycle. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in the world of recruitment!
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a minimum of 1 years’ full-cycle recruitment experience.
- You can confidently use Google Suite (Calendar, Word, Excel, Slides, Gmail), Zoom, Trello, and BambooHR (or similar).
- You are thirsty for knowledge - a life-long learner who is coachable and eager to expand their skill-set…. And we would love to learn from you as well to broaden our team's knowledge!
- You have a STRONG ability to communicate in English (written, read, spoken).
- You get to KNOW your candidates by having fun and making genuine connections during the full-recruitment cycle.
- You have a working understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- You are PASSIONATE about the ART of recruitment and have your own unique style that you bring to the Team.
- You hold a Post-Secondary education in Human Resources, Business Administration, or have relative experience in the recruitment/talent field.
- You are a strong believer in the saying “there is no “I” in TEAM, we win together, lose together and we LEARN together.
- You have a demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on TRUST with a variety of stakeholders (internal and external), interacting with all types of personalities while maintaining professionalism.
- You are very organized - you dot every 'i' and cross every 't' to ensure we give all our candidates the best experience.
- You think on your feet and can be adaptable—you don’t mind switching gears if plans suddenly change.
- You are comfortable working autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN to your candidates, dig deep in learning more about them and what they are looking for in their next career opportunity.
- You easily and quickly build relationships by liaising and You have a natural ability to communicate with others and are a people person!
- You use a variety of interview techniques and applicant screening methods to find the right match for an opportunity!
Bonus if you….
- Have experience using LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, or similar for sourcing candidates.
- Have working knowledge of applicant tracking and HRIS systems (Workday, JazzHR, BambooHR).
- Are bilingual in French and/or Spanish.
- Candidates must undergo a criminal records check upon hire;
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included), or eligible to work in Canada;
- Be willing to comply with Solink’s own security policies and standards.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Successfully execute the entire recruitment cycle - from intake meeting to the new hire start date… You OWN the process!
- Take ownership of candidate experience (be the candidate’s “flight attendant” through their Solinkian Journey).
- Attend and participate in recruitment intake meetings with hiring managers to ensure we are finding the right skill set and experiences needed for their teams.
- Create, review and edit job postings that will be made live on our careers page and other platforms.
- Use your knowledge of Solink, and the requirements of roles, to screen applicants or SOURCE profiles as needed to get the best candidate possible!
- Support hiring managers throughout the hiring process - scheduling interviews, debriefing after each interview, offer stage, etc.
- Use your expertise in platforms like Google Suite, Trello, and BambooHR (or similar) to execute your duties.
- Perform prescreens with candidates by performing phone/zoom meetings.
- Assist in facilitation of the offer process with the hiring managers by extending the offer and negotiating employment terms.
- Ensure all screening, hiring, and selection is completed in accordance with employment laws and regulations.
- Attend virtual recruiting events and meetups to represent Solink and help raise our profile as one of Canada’s top employers.
- Conduct reference checks via phone or email as needed.
- Stay abreast of recruiting trends and best practices.
- Proactively source candidates using a variety of search methods to build a robust candidate pipeline.
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates (our talent community).
- Assist the People Operations Team in other human resources and administrative tasks, when needed.
WHAT IS SOLINK?
Solink is transforming conventional data into ‘smart’ data. Solink connects and synchronizes brick-and-mortar business systems like video + Point of Sale data, to create insight into loss prevention, security, and operations issues. We find new and powerful ways for businesses to get real value from the data and footage created daily by their standard systems.
We’re one of Ottawa’s fastest growing companies. We're not just a tech and security company - we are rapidly evolving the way that we use and think about video security, data analytics and technology. We're enhancing the status quo to positively impact clients and customers' businesses.
We’re on a steep growth trajectory, which means lots to do, lots to learn, and lots to experience! What an exciting adventure ahead - and our Solinkians make the greatest travel companions…
Solink thrives because of our team; we know that in our business and in our daily work, people make all the difference. We’re looking for people who are driven by curiosity, hungry to innovate and striving to make an impact.
WHY WORK AT SOLINK?
Working with us means you’ll be working for a company that values your input and allows you to bring your ideas to life. We offer a collaborative, creative, supportive work environment with a culture that is undeniably fun…
All that - PLUS we offer…..
- Flexibility in your chosen hours of work by helping you get "stuff" done (encourages that work life balance);
- Opportunities for growth based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Creative and innovative environment that mentors, supports, motivates and inspires you to make an impact;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size, type and complexity;
- An “open-door” policy where communication and brainstorming is encouraged;
- A really positive and fun environment working with an incredibly ENERGETIC team;
- Fully paid Health / dental benefits offered immediately (an additional $500 spending account for items that aren’t covered in our AMAZING benefits program);
- Monthly reimbursement toward a health and wellness;
- Extracurricular SOLINKIAN social events (annual “solink-o de mayo”, so-learns, sports teams, so-lunches, team builders, and much more)
- Please note: We currently operate within a hybrid model, with in office required 1-2 days a week.
We know that everyone has different experiences and that’s what makes all of us so unique. Solink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re looking at building our team of great people and we know that comes in various forms. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage all candidates with interest to apply. We will provide accommodation on request through all parts of the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your cover letter and resume addressed to Darth Vader outlining why you would be the right fit for this position.