Senior Back End Developer (USA)
If you want your work to have a deep impact on the lives of others, this is the job for you. Our online platform supports thousands of family members caring for aging loved ones at home by providing tools, training, and community.
We’re looking for a strong back end developer that’s ready to dig into user problems and build out powerful solutions. The role will mix efforts on the back end and databases with many opportunities to scale the platform. You’ll work with a highly collaborative team, getting in on the ground floor of a quickly growing startup that’s addressing a massively overlooked area of healthcare.
- Work closely with Back/Front-End Developers and Product Managers to build and maintain features
- Manage access to platform databases in the USA
- Design, develop and QA test projects in accordance with established standards
- Write code, review code of fellow engineers, triage and fix bugs
- Document and maintain new and existing code
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement
- Speak directly with users - we believe everyone in our company should get a firm understanding of the challenges of our users
- Self-starter: You are able to work independently, taking the initiative to learn when faced with challenges
- Naturally Curious: You are always looking for ways to innovate and improve
- Have Grit: You’ll roll up your sleeves and take responsibility
- Maintain high standards of software quality by exhibiting good practices and habits
- Can collaborate with disciplines across Engineering, Design, and Product
- Minimum 5 years experience as a back end developer with Laravel framework
- Extensive experience gathering and analyzing functional and non-functional requirements
- Extensive experience with relational databases (SQL) development techniques and database management
- Solid understanding of data security and security good practices
- Experience creating and documenting APIs
- Extensive experience with Git
- Solid understanding of PHI (protected health information) related security measures
- Experience in Health IT and EHR integration preferred
- Experience with Vue.js functional components or similar JS frameworks preferred
- Strong knowledge of the modern browser, HTML/CSS/JS skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computers Science or other technology related area is required
- Must live in the United States and be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
With an estimated 45M family caregivers in North America alone, the family caregiver is the next frontier of eldercare. Our platform adapts training typically reserved for healthcare professionals and combines it with tools, support, and community to provide a full suite that the family caregiver can rely upon with confidence. We’re putting the family caregiver in the spotlight - and the healthcare industry is responding. Over the past year we’ve seen growth in our partnerships with government, social service organizations, healthcare providers, and insurance companies, scaling revenue 400%. You can learn more at www.trualta.com.
Why you’ll love working here
Know Your Peers
We mean really get to know them - weekly team wide ice breakers, online social events, remote coffee chats.
Our company grew dramatically during the pandemic, hiring from around the globe. We’ve implemented the tools and structure to help everyone thrive from wherever they choose to work.
Build Your Skills
Quarterly team-wide workshops, weekly 1:1s with your manager, access to peer groups, cross-functional projects, budget for courses, conferences, and webinars.
We bring the team together every year to celebrate, strategize, and team build.