Digital Project Manager
Digital Project Manager
Job Title: Digital Project Manager
Department: Professional Services
Reports to: General Manager
Term: Full-Time Permanent
Primary Location: Remote in Canada
Salary range: $75,000 – $90,000
Help us build a better way for associations with the world’s first Member Data Platform.
Associations create communities and advocate for progress. They deserve best-in-class software so they can focus more on making our world stronger. Come build it with us!
We’re one of Canada’s fastest growing startups with a world-class SaaS product and in-house professional services team. Our roots are in Ottawa, Ontario, but we’re remote, so our team works from all across Canada. We’re creating new roles and adding to our team of developers, data analysts, product owners, UX researchers, project managers, sales, marketing, and customer experience specialists. Our customer base continues to grow throughout Canada and the US – we doubled last year and will again this year. We’re always on the lookout for our next new Wicketeer to join and grow with us.
Learn about Wicket’s culture, benefits, hiring process, and other opportunities at wicket.io/careers
Wicket is looking for an experienced Digital Project Manager to join our Professional Services team to oversee a wide variety of projects from conceptual design through implementation. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in Digital Project Management within an IT role or digital/technical agency environment. Excellent communication, organization and time management skills are essential. You are a detail-obsessed, career-driven professional. You must be able to work as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, thrive under pressure, set priorities and work closely with our clients and other team members.
Here is a summary of what we are looking for in this role:
- You pride yourself on your ability to get the right people together at the right time in the right place.
- You have the ability to clearly understand and document the project scope, budget and timeline of a technical web-based project.
- You are able to resource your projects accordingly.
- You are great at transferring timely and relevant information to and from the client and to and from the team.
- You are confidently able to report on the project status at any given time.
- You are able to follow process and use tools the company has determined as the best fit for the team, and are able to identify a better way of doing things if something doesn’t seem to be working well for the team.
- You have amazing attention to detail when it comes to calendar management, deadline management on multiple projects at once.
- You see your role as a necessary “bridge” or “pillar” to keep your projects moving, help everyone stay informed, prepared and problem solve with confidence.
- You defer to subject matter experts when it comes to Design, UX, Development, QA and know when to bring them all together.
- You always have an agenda/purpose clearly defined for a meeting and are able to keep everyone on track.
- You document all meeting outcomes with clearly written notes including decisions made and next steps.
- You are able to inspire or excite the team to keep them motivated while working on your projects.
- You are curious, ask questions and seek advice from team members to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Direct all aspects of day-to-day client communication for the implementation of Wicket, WordPress and WooCommerce projects.
- Manage complex projects from conceptualization through to delivery, ensuring deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Control project costs, timelines, and scope through expectation management, diligent tracking, risk mitigation, effective communication, tools and templates.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
- Own documentation at client meetings (agenda, decisions made, next steps).
- Managing the intake and triage of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) tasks, based in the defined scope of the project.
- Managing the intake and ensuring completion post-launch and ongoing support requests for established clients.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of web-based languages, tools and software to the degree you are able to comfortably communicate your client’s needs to a team of software developers. (WordPress, WooCommerce + Wicket will make up the majority of the technology used behind these projects)
- Post-secondary education in project management, communications, business administration or other relevant fields, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience or familiarity with the digital agency environment, operations, and processes.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Project and/or Account management.
Familiarity with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Accessibility standards
- WordPress CMS
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of Technical Project Manager experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited institution preferred
- Experienced Project Manager in B2B IT Software environment
- The ability to thrive and collaborate with colleagues and customers in a remote environment
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for data and technology with proven technical aptitude
- The ability to engage remotely in strategic conversations with senior leaders
- Eligible to work in Canada
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in Canada
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health benefits (dental, vision, paramedical, prescriptions, out-of-country care) that extend to programs including mental health, employee family assistance, virtual health care services, and Best Doctors
- An annual wellness stipend towards gym memberships, fitness equipment, sports fees, etc.
- An annual professional development stipend and dedicated time for professional development
- Highly intentional, progressive practices around feedback, team-building, skills and career development, and peer-to-peer recognition
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team that has been around for over 20 years!
- Certified Great Place to Work
- Paid vacation time, paid personal “life leave” and your birthday off
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
We are accepting applications for remote workers from anywhere in Canada.
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
Wicket is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
More about Wicket and the problem we solve
We build and sell the world’s first Member Data Platform (MDP). Not only are we building a new product, but we’ve created a new software category.
Our customers are associations which are membership-based organizations and nonprofits. They provide services and benefits to a specific group, profession, or community. Nearly every industry you can think of has an active association, so our reach is vast and diverse. For example, we have a customer who serves as a think tank for better public policies in Canada, and another who acts as a voice for renewable energy and storage solutions to power Canada’s future.
Until Wicket, associations were stuck managing their data through antiquated Association Management Software (AMS). Worse, this software tries to do it all – data, content management, email marketing, event management, e-commerce and so on – but one software can’t be the best at everything.
We knew there had to be a better way, so we reinvented how associations manage and engage with their members. Wicket frees association’s data to integrate with best-in-class software including MailChimp, WordPress, WooCommerce and Tableau. The list goes on and we’re always adding to it.
Wicket also has a very strong Professional Services Team, which originated as an independent digital web agency, with 20+ years of experience building and maintaining web solutions. The services team is a very important part of Wicket and is made up of experienced UX researchers, designers, developers and project managers, designing and building powerful websites using WordPress and WooCommerce. The Wicket Services Team collaborates very closely with the product team, tightly integrating the web solutions we build with Wicket’s platform.